Sunday, December 09, 2007

Pulpit Pundit Robin Meyers- Weather Prophet !


You just can't make stuff like this up folks.
While braving the ice this morning to pick up a couple of things from Crest Foods, I decided to switch the radio from NPR over to see what the Reverend Robin Meyers was doing over at 1520am.

It was coming up on the top of the hour and so Rev Meyers was starting to wrap things up.
He was talking about a Republican congressman who was discussing the college bowl playoff system and condemned him and the Republican congress for "discussing trivial matters like football instead of ending the illegal and immoral war that we had no business starting in the first place."

That little rant got my attention, so I hung around for the closing prayer wondering what in the wide wide world of sports we might get.

The pulpit pundit did not disappoint me, as you shall see.

Rev. Meyers began the prayer...

"Our Heavenly Father, we come to you on this Sunday, December Second...
(I suddenly realize I have been listening to a replay of last Sunday's sermon) ..."on this December 2nd where it is unusually warm outside for this time of the year Oh God and we know that man is to blame for this fact and pray Dear God that you will hear our prayers and help us select leaders that will protect the planet instead of destroying it..."

Why (you might wonder) were we listening to a replay of last Sunday's sermon?

As I said above, I was driving in an unusually early ICE STORM at the time and Rev Meyers Mayflower Congregational Church (UCC) had been canceled today due to the near blizzard and icy conditions.

He was actually praying to God that it was man's (evil Republicans) fault for the heatwave in December... as the sleet and snow hit my windshield during an unusually early ice storm!

Like I said, this stuff is too good to have made it up.
Somewhere, poor Woody Guthrie must be embarrassed by what his "dream party/religion" has become.

Amen.

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

While I like some of what Dr. Meyers has to say, this is a good example of going off of the deep end. Sad really. This guy has a lot of potential to reach people with a good message but instead he wastes it on partisan politics.

5:06 PM  
Blogger RD said...

Thus the nickname I gave him... "The Pulpit Pundit".

Hi Dave, glad you stopped by as always...

I had to stop and call the better half on the cellphone, I was cracking up laughing.

The trouble with Robin Meyers is that his message is ...Jesus says to vote Democrat, while proclaiming his belief in separation of church and state when it comes to the Christian Right.

He is a hypocrite of the highest degree in my opinion.

8:03 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

I can see that. I think part of his mission was to prove the God is not a Republican, but instead he has tried to say that God is a Democrat. The funny part is, that God is neither a Republican nor a Democrat, but instead a Buddhist. :-P

8:29 PM  
Blogger RD said...

Yikes on the Buddhist part!

But on the other... you're right, I've never seen an (R) or (D) beside God (or Jesus) in the Bible. Woody Guthrie wanted to put a (C) beside it and Hillary wants to put a (SHE) beside it. (LOL)

Allen Colmes likes to point out that Jesus had long hair and wore sandals though...

But I gotta say one last time, sitting in an ice storm listening to a wacko pastor praying for God to forgive ME for making it so hot, takes the prize.

12:34 AM  
Blogger RD said...

I do wonder one thing though...
Since Dr. Meyers says I'm to blame for it being unusually warm last Sunday (Dec 2), do I get the credit for there being a major winter storm today (Dec 9)?

After all, let's be consistent here.

12:38 AM  
Blogger RD said...

Flash forward one week until electricity comes back on!...

See two posts up from this one... The great Oklahoma ICE STORM of 2007.

Get your "I survived" T-Shirts here.

1:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home