Saturday, December 22, 2007

Tancredo Backers Support Hunter Over Romney

Tom Tancredo may have thrown his personal support to Mitt Romney, but Tancredo's fans aren't buying it. Who are the Tancredo folks themselves backing now?

This from the TANCREDO FAN CAMPAIGN Blog.

Folks, the Primary is about conscience, not about who can beat Hillary. Duncan Hunter was always my second choice. For conscience sake, I must now turn my endorsement to Duncan Hunter.

It's been said, why would anyone endorse another candidate that is lower in the polls than the one that you supported (who dropped out)? Simple: for conscience sake.

Duncan Hunter is a true believer. We both happen to be Baptists too. He is a true Conservative. He will protect our sovereignty as a nation. He will fight Islamic terrorism. He's the only choice we have and he can still win if we get behind him.

I cannot dictate to you what to do with your own vote in the GOP Primaries. But, as the President of the TANCREDO Fan Campaign, I want you to know that I am endorsing Duncan Hunter for President.

How does this affect the TANCREDO Fan Campaign? It doesn't. I support Tom Tancredo. I am one of his biggest fans. And that is what this site was all about. So, I look forward to the next great thing that Tom does or plans and I am behind him 100%. Go Tom GO!

Keywords: Duncan Hunter, GOP, President

Posted by James

THIS is followed by comments from other Tancredo supporters now switching to HUNTER.

Comments

  1. Duncan Hunter was always my second choice too. I agree with everything you said about him. I especially like his strong position on trade. I am still stinging over Tom dropping out when 40+% of the Iowa and NH Republicans are still undecided, and the candidates who do have support are less than that.

    Hopefully Duncan will start to show some passion, and talk more about the future instead of the past.

    user iconmsbobbie / Oklahoma on Friday, 21 December 2007, 19:11 MST # |

  2. I am in disbelief, too, James and Bobbie. Forty percent of Repubs are UNdecided. Tom performed amazingly well at the Iowa debate two weeks ago and I'm certain he would have pulled good numbers. This is too much to handle right now!

    user iconPatrice in Arizona on Friday, 21 December 2007, 19:16 MST # |

  3. Unfortunately, Tom didn't think he had a snowball's chance, so that's why he made his hasty decision - he was too afraid of Huckabee and McCain early wins since they were leading in Iowa and NH polls.

    Tom was on talk radio tonight and he sounded great. He explained exactly why he chose Romney - after going through his template of 4 to 5 issues and eliminating candidates based on that - and then after sitting down with Mitt for over an hour with Tim Russert's Meet the Press transcript in hand, they discussed all the issues that are important to Tom and his cause and he was assured that Romney was going to follow through. He also said again that Romney could go the distance.

    When asked if he thought Romney would renege, Tom, like he always says, "I have to put it in God's hands." Tom even said that Romney had questions about how he would be able to do certain things - and Tom had to "teach" him all about Executive Orders. Tom said most governors aren't that well knowledgeable about this.

    Tom also said that he's not getting anything for his endorsement like a cabinet position - especially DHS, as he said he'd never get Senate confirmation. What he did say is that he believes he can still have influence over the candidates and, like Tom said, he'll never be silent on this issue.

    I like Duncan Hunter.

    God Bless you all. Hang in there. We're in for the ride of our lives.

    user iconJoan of SoCal on Friday, 21 December 2007, 20:48 MST # |

  4. I just cannot see anyone in the elite 'top tier' putting anyone in the 'second tier' anywhere in their administration, and I do not see anyone in the top tier keeping their word to secure the borders and go after employers.

    user iconmsbobbie / Oklahoma on Saturday, 22 December 2007, 18:20 MST # |

  5. We have been invited to join the on-line Duncan Hunter meet-up groups:

    http://duncanhunter.meetup.com/1/

    And also

    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/DuncanHunterforPresident08

    user iconmsbobbie / Oklahoma on Saturday, 22 December 2007, 18:38 MST # |

  6. I agree with your comment (#4) msbobbie. This is probably the reason why I am most heartbroken over Tom getting out. As the web-master for the campaign, I poured in countless hours into the campaign, often-times working all hours of the night, not going to sleep and going straight to my day job. And I drove up to New Hampshire many times to be with the campaign and video Tom and support the efforts. I told Tom that he must win because he must put a stop to the NAU. Mitt Romney will bring in the NAU and cannot be trusted. McCain, Giuliani, Thompson and Huckabee will all do the same. Duncan Hunter is our only choice now, I believe, as Tancredo supporters.

    user iconJames on Saturday, 22 December 2007, 20:09 MST # |

  7. I recommend that Tancredo supporters join the Hunter meetups.

    user iconJames on Saturday, 22 December 2007, 20:09 MST # |

  8. Thank you James. I am still licking my wounds a bit, but I am solidly behind Duncan Hunter's bid. And keep firing your artillery. There is no cease fire on the range until mission accomplished. Now fire for effect.
Speaking for other Hunter's rangers we have always considered the Tancredo folks our closest ally and welcome you into the fold.
-red

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home