Friday, February 08, 2008

Huckabee Not Quitting

(CBS)
From CBS News' Joy Lin:

KANSAS CITY, KAN. -- Just because John McCain has 700 of the 1,191 delegates needed to get the Republican nomination - and Mike Huckabee only has 163 - Huckabee says there are many reasons why it's still realistic for him to get the nomination.

"Let's say we get to the convention and [Mitt] Romney releases his [158] delegates. They can come towards me. There's also a lot of factors that can happen. Any given day, a candidate can say one word and it gets YouTubed and his campaign's done," he said, perhaps not coincidentally the day after 2006 YouTube victim, former Sen. George Allen, R-Virginia, endorsed McCain.

"The one thing -- I know -- isn't it a very complicated process for you to win? The answer is yes. But, you know, it's a very simple way to lose. I can just quit. I've spent my whole life fighting from the bottom. I've never been at the top. I've always started from the bottom. I know what its like to be the underdog. I still believe in the impossible. If I didn't, I wouldn't be in this race."

"Six months ago, would any of you here said the two guys still on his feet in February be Mike Huckabee and John McCain? John McCain's campaign had imploded, he had run out of money, he was deep in debt, he had fired his staff, it looked like well he's done. Mike Huckabee wasn't even much more of an asterisk in the polls. And everybody was talking about the next president of the United States. It was either Fred Thompson, Rudy Giuliani, Mitt Romney. It certainly wasn't me and wasn't even John McCain. Here we are."

2 Comments:

Blogger Simplydannygirl said...

Hey Red,

The the Huck won Kansas! Well, I'll be a Huckleberry!

Well, God does have sense of humor, confounding the wise!

Huck better remember Hunter.

That ticket will destoy the Democratic party. Amen!

Danny

3:17 PM  
Blogger RD said...

Huck is leading in Louisiana too!

9:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home