Sunday, February 03, 2008

My Les Paul Connection To Rock N Roll

There is one common thread connecting almost each and every one of my favorite rock bands over the years. I loved the style of Gary Richrath of REO Speedwagon, Allen Collins and Gary Rossington of Lynyrd Skynyrd, Marshal Tucker Band, Pink Floyd, Led Zeplin and that certain sound in great blues tunes.
They all used a lot of Les Paul and the sound of a Les Paul guitar is unmistakable.
So I went out this weekend and bought one (with thanks to my better half).

Yeah it's just a 1997 Epiphone Gibson Les Paul... but it's a big slice of Americana heaven to me.
Sure I know a lotta guys like the Stratocasters, but make mine a classic Les Paul.
I haven't played much in years... but did play in a little rock band in Highschool here in Oklahoma and now I'm gonna learn to play the blues. Just for fun.
It's like a Harley Davidson that doesn't fall down and go boom... It's like a classic musclecar that you can drive indoors... wow, it's cool.
-red

2 Comments:

Blogger Simplydannygirl said...

Wait,

You got a Les Paul? Noooo! Cool.
Well, I got Epiphone ECJ200 Natural. A beauty!

We need to jam Man. This national betrayal stuff by our own leaders is bringing me down. What a dummer, Dude.

I was strumming my guitar last night. Stringin it brings me Joy. Of course it's Christian Music for me Red.


Danny

I ride huge 150cc Motorcyle/scooter too. Top speed 65mph

11:44 AM  
Blogger RD said...

too cool danny, thank you for weighing in .. too cool.

9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home