Friday, October 10, 2008

I Planted an ACORN and a Big Fat Obama Tree Grew

Question for Senator Obama. Did you ever train or advise ACORN staff or individuals on how to badger banks into making subprime loans to minorities?

Obama and ACORN

Engram BackTalk Blog:
In an earlier post on the origins of the subprime mortgage fiasco, I noted that ACORN had harassed banks into making subprime loans to minorities. I also noted allegations that Barack Obama had trained members of ACORN to do just that. To check on those allegations, I went to Obama's "fight the smears" web site (here) noted that (at the time) it said this:

Fact: Barack was never an ACORN trainer and never worked for ACORN in any other capacity.

I then described my reaction:

I read his web page as attempting to create the impression that he was not associated with ACORN by claiming that he never worked "for" ACORN. But did he work with them to advance their cause? His web site does not say. I wonder what he would say, if asked?

Today, McCain released a new advertisement accusing Obama of training members of ACORN to harass banks. This surprised me, so I went back to Obama's "fight the smears" web site. The "fact" quoted above has been changed and now reads:

Fact: ACORN never hired Obama as a trainer, organizer, or any type of employee.

This interesting change reinforces my view that Obama is using his lack of formal employment with ACORN to create the impression that he did not train members of ACORN to do things like badger banks to make subprime loans to minorities.
Someone needs to ask him if he ever did that."
-end

Engram's BackTalk Engram is a self -described liberal Democrat who's view of the world changed on September 11, 2001.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home