Things the GOP Should Be Telling You About Obama and Company
"The Republicans have lost their nerve. Worse, they have lost their revulsion to socialism and Marxism and have devolved into politically correct, overfed capons. No other explanation suffices to illustrate their frightened, AWOL status on the following subjects:FalconParty.com
- Obama’s mentor for roughly 10 years in Hawaii before he moved off to college was a man named Frank Marshall Davis. Obama reveals “’Frank” as his respected mentor and adviser in Dreams of My Father, and recalls him fondly – nights of reading poetry together, drinking booze, and learning about the plight of blacks in America. Frank Marshall Davis was a radical Marxist and racist - and a pedophile. (Read all about Frank on Wikipedia here and in more detail from American Thinker here).
- Obama, in his first book “Dreams”, bluntly stated that once in college he actively sought out radicals as his friends. Quote: “To avoid being mistaken for a sellout, I chose my friends carefully. The more politically active black students. The foreign students. The Chicanos. The Marxist professors and structural feminists.” How many of these radical and Marxist friends did the MSM seek out for interviews? Absolutely ZERO. (Read “Obama’s Socialist Roots Run Deep” here).
- Obama was a member of the New Party in the early to mid 1990s. The New Party was a group of radical leftists founded in order to unite the Communists, the Socialist Workers Party, Community Organizers, and other various fringe groups into a more effective political party. There are photographs of Obama proudly standing with its leaders and articles in their publications celebrating his state Senate victory, and his membership in the NP. (More at Newsbusters here and Human Events here).
- Obama’s African father, Barack Hussein Obama Sr. was a card carrying Marxist. Though as a child Barack did not know his father, once older he began serious correspondence with him. And he subsequently dedicated his first book to this man in 1995. Obama Sr., amongst other things, advocated the “communal ownership of land and the forced confiscation of privately controlled land”, nationalizing foreign owned properties in his native Kenya, and “no limit to taxation if the benefits derived from public services by society measure up to the cost in taxation which they have to pay”. Pure Marxism, and a heavy influence on Obama Jr. (PrestoPundit has a good primer on Sr.’s marxism here.)
- Obama’s very own mother, Stanley Ann Dunham, was also a dedicated leftist her entire life. Obama credits her with having the most influence on his young life, saying “”the dominant figure in my formative years… The values she taught me continue to be my touchstone when it comes to how I go about the world of politics.” She has been described by her friends as a “fellow traveler” – code word for communist. (Townhall.com has more here).
- Obama married Michelle Robinson. While Michelle can certainly be charming, she had to learn on the campaign trail to not portray America as a greatly flawed and depressing country – which of course only her husband could fix. Twice she stated she was “for the first time proud of my country” before such nonsense reached the media and she was forced to backpedal and whitewash. Her admonition for women to reject careers in “corporate America” in favor of “community service” reeks of class warfare. Her Princeton college thesis is pathetic race victim pablum sprinkled with hackneyed socialism. (Slate dissects it brutally here.)
- For twenty plus years Obama (later joined by wife and kids) sat in the pews of Trinity United Christian Church, home of his “great friend and mentor”, Pastor Jeremiah Wright. Everyone is familiar with Wright’s racist and anti-American rants that received some media coverage back in June. However, the larger story is that Rev. Wright and his ‘church’ are devoted adherents to Black Liberation Theology. Black Liberation Theology is a particularly noxious and ardently Marxist worldview. And Barack chose this institution willfully and continues to heap praise on it, despite being forced to finally toss the good Reverend under the bus during his campaign. (Much more on BLT here and here).
- Barack Obama traveled to Kenya in 2006 as a sitting US Senator and campaigned (illegally so) for socialist presidential candidate, Raila Odinga. Odinga was defeated, but due to his post election agitation, riots ensued and more than 1500 Kenyan citizens were murdered. Kofi Annan brokered a power sharing agreement to stop the violence and Odinga was appointed Prime Minister. This is a man who was so enamored with Fidel Castro that he named his first born son Fidel in his honor. (Newsweek’s sanitized essay on Odinga here, and the real Obama/Odinga story here from the Washington Times).
- Obama, as we have found out from the unrepentant terrorist himself since the election, was much more than just “neighbors” with Bill Ayers. According to Bill, they are “family friends”. That Obama was blatantly lying about the extent of their relationship is inarguable. But even the relationship that was ‘on record’, as political allies in Chicago politics, and allies in getting their education ‘agenda’ realized through the Chicago Annenberg Challenge, was highly exploitable. For starters, Ayers may have quit advocating bombings, but he never once stopped advocating Marxist dogma, especially as it applied to education in America. And Obama was in lockstep, going so far to give a glowing review of Ayers’ 1997 book, A Kind and Just Parent, praising the Marxist gibberish as “a searing and timely account of the juvenile court system”. It has also been shown that there is a very real possibility that Ayers either edited or co-wrote Obama’s ‘Dreams’ book. (NR’s Stanley Kurtz has more on the Obama/Ayers working relationship).
- Obama has an ongoing relationship with Code Pink, the Marxist, anti-war outfit most famous for protesting outside of Walter Reed military hospital and at military recruitment offices. Code Pink co-founder Jodie Evans was a principle Obama ‘bundler’ during the campaign, raising tens of thousands of dollars, and arranging events for Obama. Even after Evans stormed the stage at a Palin speech and was arrested, the MSM refused to report on the links and friendship with Barack Hussein Obama. (FreeRepublic covered this topic best, here, here, and here).
The above close associations are only a partial list, for brevity’s sake. But there are many others, including radical islamist and former black panther Khalid al-Mansour, a man identified by civil rights leader (and Obama supporter) Percy Sutton as ‘sponsoring’ Obama during his Harvard days. Obama denies knowing him, yet al-Mansour and Sutton told the media the opposite. Also, “close friend” Rashid al Khalidi, Black Liberation soulmate and anti-semite Louis Farrakhan, his self described “spiritual advisers” such as the Marxist priest Father Pfleger and Reverend James “house niggers” Meeks, official campaign artist and Marxist propagandist Shepard Fairey, and Communist Party USA board member Tim Wheeler, who was honored by Obama with his own blog on the official Obama/Biden campaign website; all remained virtual unknowns. It goes on and on.
So what prevented the GOP and the McCain campaign from exploiting the history of Barack Obama and telling the true story about his politics and worldview? Shouldn’t the urge to prevent such a radical from gaining the presidency of this blessed nation have outweighed any fear of being labeled racists and fear mongers by Obama’s cheering section in the MSM? Only a fool or a leftist could have been comforted by Obama’s attempts to sound notes of moderation during the general election.
There was a reason that Obama received endorsements from North Korea’s official news outlet, Cuba’s Fidel Castro, Venezuela’s Hugo Chavez, the Communist Party in the US (CPUSA), France’s Socialist Party, The New Black Panther Party, the Democratic Socialists of America (DSA), the radical Palestinian party Hamas, British communist MP George Galloway, Libyan dictator Momar Kaddafi, Calyspo Louie’s Nation of Islam, Nicaraguan communist Daniel Ortega, and virtually every radical, leftist, socialist and Marxist organization in existence."