Sunday, July 26, 2009

One Name Conspicuously Missing From "Most Trusted Name" Poll

I heard about this story on TV but when I read about it over here it hit me. This "poll" is a prime prime example of liberal bias in the media. While we all laugh and joke and kid about Jon Stewart being the most respected name in news, the setup and obvious bias and manipulation of the poll is completely overlooked... intentionally so I contend.

The real question is that with names like Joe The Plumber (not a newsman), Racheal Maddow (not a newsgal) and Jon Stewart (does fake comedy news) on the list, how is it that the actual most listened to and most trusted and most respected voice (also most hated) on the news of the day by a huge huge (no contest) margin is somehow conveniently absent from their poll on "Who is the Most Trusted Name In News"?

Why is that do you suppose?

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

Rush is a commentator and not a reporter. Same with Glenn Beck and a few others on the list (at least on the poll of the story that I linked to on my post on this topic). Any more actual news is in short supply.

2:52 PM  
Blogger RD said...

You must have not seen who was listed on the poll... as I wrote in the piece, Rachael Maddow and Joe the Plumber were on the list... heck the guy that won isn't a reporter dave.

8:40 PM  
Blogger RD said...

Joe the Plumber is listed but not Rush Limbaugh... c'mon, I mean really.

8:41 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

Oh the whole thing is a joke, I agree with you there.

10:24 AM  
Blogger Otter Limits said...

I really do find it a big strange that Joe the Plumber is on that list.

I just can't find it in myself to take that guy seriously.

2:29 PM  
Blogger RD said...

It was to distract people from the fact that Rush wasn't in the poll. Like him or hate him, he IS in fact the MOST listened to person in America and has been for a good number of years.

He talks about the news stories of the day... if that isn't "doing the news", I'll...

3:41 PM  
Blogger RD said...

The poll was skewed, biased, fixed, rigged... the best evidence are the straw-man types like Joe the Plumber who were thrown in there as if they were the voice of the conservative movement... leaving Limbaugh out proves one thing. They knew that if they included him, he would win... and they couldn't have that happen.
-red

10:47 AM  
Blogger Dave said...

I think that you are putting a little too much thought into this Red. I doubt it was all a conspiracy theory and more an oversight based on individual bias (and not forced by systematic/institutional bias).

11:01 AM  
Blogger RD said...

doing my best not to be snarky here dave... so I will just say that while I don't think it's any big "conspiracy"... to say that it was just an "innocent oversight" however would be inaccurate to say the least.

Rush is the biggest name in talking about the news... so to accidentally leave him off the list and to put Jon Stewart and Joe the Plumber on the list is an insult to ones intelligence.

11:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home