Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The Right Kind of Change for 2010

Steve Long, former Oklahoma resident (once an Okie always an Okie in my book) and author of the blog "Otter Limits", has launched his official campaign for the US House of Representatives taking his common sense approach to politics from the state of Washington all the way to Washington DC.
Not your grandfather's Republican, Steve brings a fresh new voice to the party.

Sticking to his motto, "The Right Kind of Change", Steve has outlined his basic positions in his "opening statement". Below is part of that statement.

"...I assure you that if elected, I will work as hard as I can to return that once great institution back to its great foundations.

I assure you that if elected, I will truly work for the people. For a government of the people, by the people and for the people is truly the greatest type of government a nation can hope for. And it is time to return our own government back to that principle.

I assure you that if elected, I will support and vote for any legislation that promotes national term limits for Senators and Congressmen. And I further promise that if elected, I will serve no more than two terms.

I assure you that if elected, I will never, ever, vote to raise my own pay. There is no reason to vote yourself a pay raise when millions are out of work.

I assure you that if elected, I will work toward reforming the current tax system to a system that is more fair and efficient for everyone, not just the rich and not just the poor.

I assure you that if elected, I will never take money from an organization that opposes something that I strongly believe in just to pad my own bank account.

I assure you that if elected, I will protect your 2nd amendment right to own firearms.

So when it comes time to make a decision on who you want to represent you in Washington DC, I hope that you will decide on change. Real change. Right change. I hope that you will choose me as your next Representative.

Steve Long. "The Right Kind of Change."


I (red stater) encourage all Oklahomans, Coloradoans and anyone seeking to reverse the one-party system and return our country to traditional values and conservative ideals to contribute to Steve's campaign.
You can see below in my post on his opponent why it is so very important to support Steve Long in his effort to bring about "The Right Kind of Change" in Washington.


Click logo or here to donate NOW!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Otter Limits said...

I am humbled by your kind comments. Thank you.

12:02 PM  
Blogger RD said...

My pleasure sir... best of luck.

DONATE PEOPLE... click the link at the bottom of the post.

3:52 PM  
Blogger Otter Limits said...

Yes please!!!

6:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home