Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Sarah Palin: "Born To Run"

People Magazine and Runners World.com asks the probing question everyone is dying to know the answer to.

"Could Sarah Palin beat Barack Obama in a good old-fashioned footrace? "

"I betcha' I'd have more endurance," the Alaska governor, a longtime runner (and marathoner), says in a folksy and revealing interview on RunnersWorld.com. "So if it were a long race that required a lot of endurance I’d win."

The governor is a regular along the trails in Anchorage and Juneau, but she may be hard for photographers or tourists to find. "When I run, I'm totally incognito because I’m not wearing the trough of full makeup, ..."I can go running through a mob of tourists and they don’t recognize me".

If anything, it will be her very specific soundtrack giving her away. Palin tells the magazine she kicks off her runs by cranking up the "old Van Halen and AC/DC, then I get into my country music, then I always wrap it up with a couple mellow Amy Grant songs."

Palin, 45 and a mother of five, tells Runner’s World that the only time she's never run is when she was "too pregnant," noting, "I feel so crappy if I go more than a few days without running ... ...running is my sanity."










President Barry Obama was on a secret smoke-break while running for re-election on the campaign trail errr rather, speaking on a Presidential tour and therefore was unavailable for comment on any 26 mile footrace with Palin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home