The Lefts' Obsession With Phony Science
Luiz Sérgio Solimeo has written a well researched piece on The Animal Homosexual Myth.
The money quote:
"In its effort to present homosexuality as normal, the homosexual movement turned to science in an attempt to prove three major premises:
Keenly aware of its inability to prove the first two premises, the homosexual movement pins its hopes on the third, animal homosexuality.
- Homosexuality is genetic or innate;
- Homosexuality is irreversible;
- Since animals engage in same-sex sexual behavior, homosexuality is natural.
Animals Do It, So It's Natural, Right?
The reasoning behind the animal homosexuality theory can be summed up as follows:- Homosexual behavior is observable in animals.This line of reasoning is unsustainable. If seemingly "homosexual" acts among animals are in accordance with animal nature, then parental killing of offspring and intra-species devouring are also in accordance with animal nature. Bringing man into the equation complicates things further. Are we to conclude that filicide and cannibalism are according to human nature?
- Animal behavior is determined by their instincts.
- Nature requires animals to follow their instincts.
- Therefore, homosexuality is in accordance with animal nature.
- Since man is also animal, homosexuality must also be in accordance with human nature.
In opposition to this line of reasoning, this article sustains that:
- There is no "homosexual instinct" in animals,
- It is poor science to "read" human motivations and sentiments into animal behavior, and
- Irrational animal behavior is not a yardstick to determine what is morally acceptable behavior for rational man."
Conclusion-Sounds a lot like the same phony "science" the left uses to sell us on global warming, stem cell research and abortion doesn't it?
"In summary, the homosexual movement's attempt to establish that homosexuality is in accordance with human nature, by proving its animal homosexuality theory, is based more on mythological beliefs and erroneous philosophical tenets than on science."
That's because it is.