Monday, September 24, 2007

A lesson In Censorship From The Left


Ready again Class?
Okay boys and girls, today we are going to discuss "free speech".

Oklahoma Lefty, about whom I have expressed great respect for his courage and position on the war, has spent considerable time here in my comments sections trying to convince me to censor my words, thoughts, opinions and views of the left. (See Pinheads For Peace) He condemned me for using words that he deems inappropriate like "moonbat" for instance and has worked tirelessly to make the point that unless I use words and methods that he (dave) approves, then all my points are moot and not to be taken seriously.

Amazingly at the same time, he posts a story accusing bloggers like me of censorship because I require approval before comments are published here primarily due to spam ads. A glance at the comments section in "A Tale of Two Paynes" and numerous other posts shows clearly that I do publish comments that are critical and hateful of myself, conservatives and Bush in particular and in no way censor mere opinions.
Lefty goes to great lengths to condemn censorship when it fits his needs (defending other lefty's) while at the same time trying to *supervise my manners and thereby censor what I write and post here at Red S Tater !

Olahoma Lefty points to definition #2 HERE which says... "Any person who *supervises the manners or morality of others" as his example of MY censorship (by approving comments before publishing) which in fact is exactly what HE is doing by attempting to "supervise my manners" regarding comments I make about liberals and Democrats on my own blog.

And just where does Dave attempt to *supervise my manners and thereby censor free speech?
In the very same comments section that he accuses of censorship of "free speech"... of course. LOL
It's subtle, it's nuanced (of course) but none the less, Dave reprimands me for not blogging to his standards (repeatedly) and discredits me, ...then praises me in a couple of posts (and gives me credit) where I made an extreme effort to meet dave's standards, (even though in one of them I do describe liberals as communists, musta slipped by) then has the nerve to accuse ME of censorship!
Classic hypocritical rhetoric from the left.
Supporting free speech as long as THEY get to decide what speech is free.

Nice job dave, you illustrated perfectly how censorship works for the left. Calling Bush every name in the book is free speech, but asking a Democrat even a tough question...
("...don't tase me bro') much less calling them "moonbats" and "America haters", is considered a Zappable offense... especially in the liberal blog-o-sphere.

I have not advocated censoring the left, in fact I post and re-post their comments to help them get their message out. I figure the more people who know what these moonbats are saying, the better off we all are.

Meanwhile, we have a college professor teaching his personal Bush-hating moonbat politics in the classroom at the University of Central Oklahoma (a clear and rather obvious violation of inappropriate usage of free speech) and what do we hear from Oklahoma Lefty? (Cricket noise)

Perfect, ...thanks Dave.

And this, boys and girls on the same day that liberally biased Columbia University is welcoming Jew hater/Bush hater/America hater Mahmoud Ahmadinejad to their campus to speak after liberal students at Columbia attacked the founder of the border patrol group "The Minutemen" on stage less than one year ago disrupting his speech.
Classic.

UPDATE: 9/25/2007- Now I learn that Oklahoma Lefty (dave) has been sneaking around copying comments from the Red S Tater comments sections and posting them on a blog where he knows I am not registered, do not frequent and do not post... since Jan 2007 thus not giving me the opportunity to respond or comment. More classic stuff.

Class dismissed, no running in the halls ...and have a nice day.

-red s tater
Go HERE for last weeks Class on "Politics In the Classroom" or "How to create an army of Liberal Bloggers to overthrow the government while drawing a fat government paycheck" by Dr. Kurt Hochenhauer Part 1.
Disclaimer:
Image of Ann Coulter used for dramatic effect only and is not in any way to be considered an endorsement by Red S Tater for talking to liberals (moonbat or otherwise). (even if you must)

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

You really do respect me don’t you Red. And you call me a hypocrite. Did I call you out by name in my post on blog comments? No. In fact if you actually read the post (which I seem to doubt based on this post) you would have noticed that I did reference two local blogs but I didn’t put links to either because I thought that would be rude. And for your information the other blog I was referring to is an extremely liberal blog.

Next you say that I condemn the words that you use. This is only partially correct, the rest is you twisting my words around. I condemn your tactics because they dumb down your arguments. There are two posts below in which you were very critical of the left and yet did it in a non-hateful, thoughtful, and intelligent way. You are capable of participating in intelligent debate but you choose to do the opposite.

Next you listed off a litany of liberal blogs, many if not all of which I have criticized, and some how you try to compare me to their blind ignorance. That is crap and you know it. You have praised me for criticizing MoveOn.org yet you lump me in with them as soon as it suits your needs. Beautiful.

As far as the original intent of my post…I was doing two things: 1) asking a question and 2) criticizing conservative AND liberal blogs. There are just as many whacked out conservative web sites that shut down dissenting views as there are liberal ones. How do I know this? Easy. I have personally been banned from RedState.com on two separate occasions. I never used bad language. I never insulted or attacked anyone. I was banned for not following their template (to use one of your favorite terms Red). So your pathetic argument that only liberals squash dissenting voices doesn’t fly. Get off your right-wing high horse. Also I don’t have a problem with spam on my blog. The word verification feature takes care of that pretty quick. As far as your other reason…if someone wants to waste his/her time with idiotic and repetitive comments, there is this little thing called the delete button.

This is really sad Red. You and I have had intelligent and non-confrontational debates in the past, yet you have decided to attack me personally. I’d send you an email asking what your problem is but you don’t have a contact email address listed anywhere that I can find. Oh well. :-(

7:38 PM  
Blogger RD said...

You don't need to email me, you can contact me right here as always.

I absolutely do respect you for not toeing the company line on the war and having the courage to publish it.
I called you out dave because (as i said over at your blog) within a few minutes of giving me the "free speech?" business here, you posted about it over at your blog... and yes I see it as hypocritical, but dave... it doesn't mean I don't still like ya'.
If we both tossed our friends overboard for being hypocrites or for being wrong, neither of us would have ANY friends at all.

I never said nor implied that ONLY liberal blogs ban opposing views...merely that one would expect more from the so-called party of tolerance.

As far as your "limp" criticisms of anyone on the left go... you said the moveon.org ad made good liberals "look bad".
How mean!
On Okie Funk and the Daily Kos you said, you don't pay them any attention.
Ohhh I'll bet that hurt!
Thats it. Not exactly a condemnation, nothing to discredit them for namecalling... so from what I can see you are indifferent to them at best.

Where are your attempts to *supervise their manners?

If you are going to rant on abuses of free speech (or lack thereof) why do you ignore Okie Funk abusing free speech by teaching college students how to blog by example on university course material?

Instead you're big cause is moderating of comments on a blog?

Let's face it, in order for you to have any chance of beating Okie Funk... you need a good brawl and I'm just the guy to help you out.

And in that effort, you have my support.

8:20 PM  
Blogger RD said...

BTW- I'm very sorry if I hurt your feelings, it's nothing personal I assure you.

I only used your name because YOU use your name at your blog... plus your name appears whenever you comment here...which I sincerely hope you will continue.

-red

8:29 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

Fair enough. But please don't ask me to actually read Daily Kos...that will suck my will to live.

8:53 PM  
Blogger RD said...

Honest to goodness dave, I believe that if people like YOU were in charge of the Democrat party,...(and liberals)
this country would be so much better off... (people like me are in charge of the R's) not that we wouldn't disagree and fight, (cuz we do) but I can argue with you knowing that we both want America to be successful in every way... (we just disagree on details of life aside from that success) it is very disheartening and draining to fight terrorists and a war on one side (alone) and fight liberals in your own country against the war seeking power and control on the other side.

With zero common ground, it's impossible for the two sides to ever make progress on other issues.

These are where some of the feelings of many liberals being Anti-American come from... that and their Anti-American quotes.

9:08 AM  
Blogger Dave said...

I just noticed your 9/25 Update. Thanks for talking some more smack about me. I’m feeling the love.

The website where I posted comments from my blog and yours is a community forum that anyone can join. It was started by a group of folks that I work with as a place to hold political discussions (among other things). There is nothing stopping you from joining the website or the conversations there in. In fact I would love it if you did join because the poor site is dying. This is a bogus complaint on your part Red. If it bothers you though, I will remove the thread from the forum. Or better yet, why don't you join and provide a rebuttal. http://ccot.phpbbnow.com/index.php

5:55 PM  
Blogger RD said...

"feelin' the love" ...as was I when I accidentally found your post over at that other site.

No problem with grabbing one of my posts and posting it on your site (or anywhere else) but in light of the accusation that I was somehow restricting someones freedom to comment here... deserved an updated response, and got one. End of story as far as I'm concerned dave.

Thank you very much for the invite, I might come over and join, ...we'll see how long that lasts...(lol).

right now I'm working on the "Reform Oklahoma's Ballots" story... and red flags are going up all over the place.
More to come soon,
-red

8:07 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

I noticed some of that. I need to read up on the subject honestly. Keep making the waves my friend.

9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home